Twitter

Follow me on Twitter: @janemcintyre12

JanePic

Hello.

I'm Jane McIntyre, a voiceover and writer, formerly an award-winning BBC radio newsreader and producer. My blog covers life, love and loss; travel, coffee and chocolate; with some heartfelt pieces in the mix about my late dad, who had dementia. Just a click away, I'm half of the team behind www.thetimeofourlives.net - two empty nesters who whizzed round the world in 57 days.

Thursday 5 April 2012

A Big Mexican





Meal, that is; not bloke. Guacamole, enchilladas. spicy chicken n`cheese --oh and tortilla chips with all kinds of things on top, warmed and served up as canapes.

That was the feast served up on Saturday night, by the man they called Dolmann back in the 80s, when he had a number one hit in Me-hi-co. Truly.

It was called `High Sex Drive`, and, come to think of it, we should have got him to sing it for us.A kind of inter-course treat.

But `Yes, Chef!`, as he became known , and the non Mexican sounding Maitre D` (aka Ian Perry), were way too `busy in the kitchen`.



And it wasn`t *just* that it all tasted fabulous. It was the gesture. By some amazing mates who sat in my house and raised several glasses to the start of my new life.Life outside the BBC bubble. Life with a dollar in my pocket and freedom to do, every day, what I wish.

It was a top night.They`re fantastic mates. And do you know...they washed up afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment