Twitter

Follow me on Twitter: @janemcintyre12

JanePic

Hello.

I'm Jane McIntyre, a voiceover and writer, formerly an award-winning BBC radio newsreader and producer. My blog covers life, love and loss; travel, coffee and chocolate; with some heartfelt pieces in the mix about my late dad, who had dementia. Just a click away, I'm half of the team behind www.thetimeofourlives.net - two empty nesters who whizzed round the world in 57 days.

Monday 3 November 2014

Stuff I`d never have said last week...


1) I guess, finally, that Dad probably had a thing about hats (top hats, trilbys, Panamas, flat caps.... all now safely rehomed..)

2) Baklava at 12.15 am is quite delicious.

3) Rod Stewart tribute acts in village pubs can actually be hilarious.

4) Candelit All Souls` Day services in village churches are hugely comforting, even to rampant atheists....

5) The top notes in `For all the saints....` are bloody high and suggest I may no longer be a soprano.

6)  However....there`s nothing quite like singing `Somebody else`s guy` very loudly... with a pub full of people.

7) You can be rammed sideways on the M25 by a ten ton truck and live to tell the tale.

8) It`s also possible to do a passable tap dance to rapturous applause at 2 am (with no training whatsoever).

9) You can`t have too much coffee.

10) If you don`t have a number ten...just shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment