Twitter

Follow me on Twitter: @janemcintyre12

JanePic

Hello.

I'm Jane McIntyre, a voiceover and writer, formerly an award-winning BBC radio newsreader and producer. My blog covers life, love and loss; travel, coffee and chocolate; with some heartfelt pieces in the mix about my late dad, who had dementia. Just a click away, I'm half of the team behind www.thetimeofourlives.net - two empty nesters who whizzed round the world in 57 days.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Life is mostly....bricks n` rubble ?





OK...apologies to Adam Lindsay Gordon *...and to you, if you`ve read all  my other rants on this blog, about flytipping.

First...the big fat tyres, down a pretty lane not far from my home.

Then there was the bulging bag of rubbish I ended up collecting on (what should have been...) my morning run.

Then I spotted a couple of sofas dumped  in a Shrewsbury bus shelter (cheek!)

And then two more sofas, and a pile of household rubbish and toys, in the same (now not so ) pretty lane.

And this weekend--well, this!

A whole pile of builders` crap from a demolition job. Once scooped up, the builder decided not to find an authorised site, but to tip it out on a leafy path in Preston Montford.

Bloody lucky, I`d say, that the sofas and toys had been shifted. Gave him lots more space, see ?

Anyway-- hopefully, this lot will be taken away soon, because (hello again, Shropshire Council...) I`ve reported it. Let`s hope there`s enough incriminating evidence to secure a prosecution.










*(PS--Oh..and today`s `headline`. Well it was inspired by Adam Lindsay Gordon`s `froth and bubble` verse. Know it? It`s nothing whatsoever to do with builder`s mess....(!) but  Mum taught it to me. I love it, and reckon it`s worth remembering !

It goes....like this.....!

"Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another`s trouble,
Courage in your own"




No comments:

Post a Comment